Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Individual Reflection

For my last reflection writing I thought I would look into advertising design.  Last "critique" Bertus told me that my design for project 3 reflected a kind of advertising feel so I thought I would find an article about that.  Well I found a whole website:

http://marketingadvertisingdesign.com/

Tim Kenney Marketing is a full-service strategic marketing and graphic design firm located in metro Washington DC.  And this website is a compilation of links and articles about their design strategy.  Down the page there are articles on designing effective ads, branding, and fonts for advertising but I'll just choose, "Building a Case for Brand Identity" seeing as though our 1st project (and indirectly my 3rd) was based around branding.

It was interesting to read the differences between product and branding.  How a product is the actual physical thing and is defined by it's form and function.  The brand is the idea, concept or the character behind a product, event or business.  It invokes thoughts, feelings, and associations to the customer and even employees as to what the product is really all about.

No comments: